Updated: November 10, 2016
These terms and conditions (“terms”) apply to the Nicor Solutions (“NiSol”) Refer-a-Friend program (“RAF Program” or “Program”). Referrers must click “Agree” to the RAF Program terms to participate in the RAF Program. Referees agree to the RAF Program terms by using an RAF Program promotion code when enrolling with NiSol.
1. Rewards and Eligibility: Under the Program, (i) qualified new residential or commercial customers who enroll on an eligible NiSol or Nicor Advanced Energy (“NAE”) plan (each, a “Referee”) may be eligible to receive a reward under the RAF Program if NiSol has an active RAF Program promotion for Referees at the time of Referee’s enrollment and the Referee enrolls with NiSol using the RAF Program promotion code (each, a “RAF Referee”); and (ii) existing customers with either an active account or pending active account who refer one or more Referees to either NiSol or NAE pursuant to the terms of the RAF Program (each, a “Referrer”) are eligible to receive a reward under the RAF Program. Referees who enroll with NAE using an NAE Refer-a-Friend promotion code shall be subject to the NAE Refer-a-Friend Program terms and conditions available at www.nicoradvancedenergy.com/refer.
Referrers shall earn a Visa® Reward Card in an amount stated in the then-current RAF Program promotion for each Referee who: (i) enrolls on an eligible NiSol or NAE plan, (ii) provides or enters the Referrer’s unique Referral Code at the time of enrollment, and (iii) begins active service on that eligible NiSol or NAE plan. Referrers must also have either an active account or pending active account with NiSol on the date the applicable Referee begins active service on that eligible NiSol or NAE plan. Existing NiSol or NAE customers cannot refer themselves. Referrers may combine this offer with their pre-existing discounts and promotions. Referees are not required to provide or enter a unique Referral Code to earn the applicable then-current RAF Program promotion.
If NiSol has an active RAF Program promotion for Referees at the time of a Referee enrollment, Referees shall earn the then-current RAF Program promotion by: (i) enrolling on an eligible NiSol plan, (ii) providing or entering the RAF Program promotion code at the time of enrollment (the Referee also has the option to provide or enter the Referrer’s unique Referral Code at that time), and (iii) reaching 60 days of continuous active service under the NiSol Fixed Bill program under such eligible plan. RAF Referees cannot combine this offer with any other offer. Referees may still provide or enter a Referrer’s unique Referral Code at the time of enrollment while (i) there is no active RAF Program promotion for Referees at the time of the Referee enrollment or (ii) enrolling using another NiSol promotional offer. A Referee’s Referrer will not receive a Visa Reward Card unless the Referee provides or enters their Referrer’s unique Referral Code at the time of the Referee’s enrollment.
2. Program Enrollment; Referral Code: To enroll in the Program, the Referrer must authenticate the Referrer’s account and click “Agree” to the Program terms through the Program website currently located at nicorsolutions.com/refer (the “Site”), NiSol will then issue a unique Referral Code to the Referrer to track referrals and activations. Only enrollments placed that include the Referrer’s unique Referral Code are eligible for a reward under the RAF Program. Referrers shall participate by sharing their unique Referral Code and enrollment instructions as specified on the Site and in accordance with these terms. If Referrer uses email, Facebook or Twitter communication methods, Referrer shall use the formats provided for these communication methods through the Site (the “Approved Sharing Methods”). Referrers can access the Approved Sharing Methods by going to the RAF Site at nicorsolutions.com/refer, clicking “Get Started,” and authenticating the Referrer’s NiSol account. Referral emails will not be sent to recipients who have opted out of commercial emails from NiSol or NAE and no rewards under the RAF Program shall be awarded with respect to any such referrals. Referrer shall comply with any applicable social media rules, guidelines, and terms and conditions in his or her participation in the RAF Program. WHENEVER A REFERRER DECIDES TO SHARE HIS OR HER UNIQUE REFERRAL CODE AND ENROLLMENT INSTRUCTIONS, THE REFERRER MUST NOTIFY THE RECIPIENT THAT THE REFERRER IS ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A REWARD CARD IF THE RECIPIENT ENROLLS AND MEETS THE RAF PROGRAM CRITERIA. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL REFERRER USE TEXT MESSAGES OR AUTOMATED PHONE MESSAGES TO SHARE THE REFERRAL CODE OR OTHERWISE PROMOTE THE PROGRAM. WHEN SHARING INFORMATION ABOUT THE RAF PROGRAM, REFERRERS SHALL NOT MAKE DECEPTIVE OR MISLEADING CLAIMS, MAKE ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT CLAIMS THAT ALTER THE NISOL PROMOTION, OR ENGAGE IN ANNOYING OR HARASSING PRACTICES. Referrers will not receive a Visa Reward Card if a referral is rejected or not received for any reason, including if the Referee or Referrer does not satisfy the requirements in these terms. Referrers should not send referrals to people the Referrer does not personally know and Referrers shall honor requests to stop referrals or communications about the Program. Failure to adhere to these guidelines by the Referrer is a violation of these terms and NiSol may terminate the Referrer immediately from the RAF Program, disqualify the Referrer from participating in the RAF Program in the future, and cause the forfeiture of any pending Reward Cards.
Referees may only submit one Referral Code when enrolling. Referees may enroll on an eligible plan either through nicorsolutions.com or nicoradvancedenergy.com or by calling 1-844-883-9245 for NiSol or NAE; some plans may not be eligible.
3. Card and Promotional Fulfillment: Any Visa Reward Cards earned by the Referrer will not be issued until the applicable Referee begins active natural gas service with NAE or through the NiSol Fixed Bill program on an eligible plan. Reward Cards will be delivered to qualified Referrers within 4-6 weeks after such date. Referrers may track their Reward Card(s) by going to nicorsolutions.com/refer, clicking “VIEW MY REWARDS,” and following the prompts.
Any Visa Reward Cards or other promotional benefits earned by the Referee will not be issued until the applicable Referee has reached 60 days of continuous active service with NAE or through the NiSol Fixed Bill program on an eligible plan; (ii) the Referee will not earn the RAF Program promotion available at the time of enrollment if service is terminated for any reason prior to a Referee reaching 60 days of continuous active service with NAE or through the NiSol Fixed Bill program; and (iii) if applicable, Reward Cards will be delivered within 4-6 weeks after the date the card is earned. Other terms and conditions may apply to the RAF Program promotion for Referees, as further detailed in the applicable promotional offer from NiSol with the applicable RAF Program promotion code, which terms and conditions are hereby incorporated by reference.
4. Limits: THE MAXIMUM AWARD UNDER THE RAF PROGRAM IS $500 in Visa Reward Cards per person per calendar year, unless specifically authorized by NISOL in its sole discretion, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF NEW CUSTOMERS ACTUALLY REFERRED AND/OR DATE OF REFERRAL. ANY VALUE IN EXCESS OF THE $500 LIMIT SHALL NOT CARRY OVER TO SUBSEQUENT YEARS. THIS $500 LIMIT APPLIES TO THE TOTAL OF ALL NISOL AND NAE PROMOTIONAL OFFERS RECEIVED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THIS RAF PROGRAM. The Visa Reward Card is issued by and is the property of CenterState Bank of Florida, NA pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and is subject to the issuer’s terms and conditions. Reward Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. All trademarks noted herein are held by their respective owner.
5. General Provisions: Enrollment eligibility for NiSol and NAE plans are subject to the applicable company’s credit and payment policies, and other eligibility requirements. Each plan is subject to the applicable company’s terms and conditions of service, which can be found at nicorsolutions.com and nicoradvancedenergy.com.
Property owners, sales agents, managers, leasing/rental agents, and landlords, or their respective agents, employees or contractors, of apartments, townhouses, condominiums or other types of multiple dwelling units are not eligible to participate in the Program or receive any rewards under the Program or for referring a customer who rents, purchases or otherwise obtains a unit owned, managed, leased and/or maintained by such person.
NiSol reserves the right to change rewards and eligibility criteria under the Program, and to alter, modify, suspend or terminate the Program or any component thereof at any time upon notice, which notice may be provided through the Site, or by mail, email, phone, or such other methods as determined by NiSol in its sole discretion. NiSol reserves the right to update the Program terms from time to time without notice. Program participants may need to click “Agree” to updated versions of the terms when prompted. NiSol will not be liable to any Referrer or Referee in the event of any change, suspension, or discontinuation of the RAF Program. The Reward Card(s) and other promotional awards received through the RAF Program may be taxable to the recipient. Participants in the RAF Program should contact their tax advisor. This offer is governed by the laws of Illinois. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Each Referrer and RAF Referee participant in the RAF Program and NiSol agree that any and all disputes arising from these terms or the RAF Program shall be resolved through binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association, as further detailed in NiSol’s terms and conditions of gas service. Each Referrer and RAF Referee participant in the RAF Program and NiSol expressly waive the right to bring a class action claim. All parties to the arbitration must be individually named. Offers void where prohibited by law.
Nicor Solutions (“NiSol”) and Nicor Advanced Energy (“NAE”) are not the same company as Nicor Gas Company, and the Illinois Commerce Commission (“ICC”) does not regulate NiSol’s prices or NAE’s prices. You do not have to buy products or services from NiSol or NAE in order to receive the same quality of service from the gas utility. Nicor Gas does not set the price you pay for such service nor does the ICC regulate the prices offered by NiSol or NAE.