Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your Refer-a-Friend program?
The Nicor Solutions Refer-a-Friend program allows current Nicor Solutions customers to earn up to $500 in Visa® reward cards each calendar year when they refer their friends who enroll with Nicor Solutions or our sister company, Nicor Advanced Energy.
- How much in Visa rewards cards can I earn?
You can earn up to $500 per calendar year, every year! See program terms and conditions for additional information.
- How do I refer friends?
Get your Referral Code, share your Referral Code with your friends and earn rewards each time a friend signs up with Nicor Solutions or Nicor Advanced Energy and provides your Referral Code at the time of enrollment. See program terms and conditions for additional requirements. Some exclusions apply.
- How do I get my Referral Code?
Your Referral Code is available online. Have your Nicor Gas account number ready and go online to www.nicorsolutions.com/refer to view your Referral Code.
- How do I share my Referral Code?
We provide the following tools to help you share your Referral Code:
- Share by email. You can quickly start sharing your Referral Code with your friends by utilizing our Share by Email tool located at nicorsolutions.com/refer. Simply input your friends' email addresses and click "Send."
- Share by social media. Use Facebook and Twitter to share your Referral Code with friends. Just click the share links located at nicorsolutions.com/refer to bring up a pre-designed message and click post!
Visit nicorsolutions.com/refer to access these time-saving tools!
- How does my friend enroll with Nicor Solutions or Nicor Advanced Energy?
New customers can enroll with Nicor Solutions at nicorsolutions.com or by calling us at 1-844-788-1982 or Nicor Advanced Energy at nicoradvancedenergy.com or by calling Nicor Advanced Energy at 1-844-883-9245. Simply ask your friend to either enter your Referral Code in the Referral Code text box for online enrollments or tell the customer service representative your Referral Code during a phone enrollment. Please be sure to remind them to provide your Referral Code when enrolling. Otherwise, you will not be eligible for a Refer-a-Friend Visa Reward Card.
- How will I know if someone signs up with my Referral Code?
When one of your friends enrolls with Nicor Solutions or Nicor Advanced Energy and provides your Referral Code at the time of their enrollment, and we have your email address on file, we will send you an email notifying you of this action. We will also let you know when the card is on the way. If you have not provided us with an email address we won’t be able to notify you. You can provide us with your email address by visiting www.nicorsolutions.com/refer or by speaking with a customer service representative at 1-844-788-1982.
- When will I receive my Refer-a-Friend Visa Reward Card?
After your friend enrolls with Nicor Solutions or Nicor Advanced Energy, it normally takes 3-5 weeks for the utility to accept them into the Fixed Bill program, or activate their natural gas service with Nicor Advanced Energy, as applicable. As long as you are still a Nicor Solutions customer when this happens, we will send you your Visa Reward Card. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing and delivery of your Visa Reward Card by mail.
- How do I check the status of my Visa Rewards?
Referrers can view their Visa Reward Card activity at www.nicorsolutions.com/refer.
- If I refer my friends what do they get?
In addition to providing great service, we will always have special offers for your friends. They are free to choose from our current Refer-a-Friend offer or any of our other great offers that best suit their needs. They simply need to provide a promotion code when they enroll.
- How much in Visa Reward Cards can I earn?
You can earn up to $500 per calendar year, every year! That total includes all Nicor Solutions and Nicor Advanced Energy Visa® Reward Card promotion offers you have received, including, but not limited to, the Nicor Solutions and Nicor Advanced Energy Refer-a-Friend programs. See Nicor Solutions’ Refer-a-Friend program terms and conditions for more information.
- I sent my friend an email from your online email tool but my friend never received the email. What could have happened?
Please have your friends check their spam folder or promotions tab. Additionally, your friends may have previously unsubscribed from Nicor Solutions’ marketing emails.
- If I was referred by a friend, but forgot to provide their Referral Code, what should I do?
You have 7 days after your initial enrollment to provide your friend’s Referral Code. Please contact our customer care team by phone at 1-844-788-1982.
- What is the difference between Nicor Solutions or Nicor Advanced Energy and Nicor Gas?
Nicor Solutions (“NiSol”) and Nicor Advanced Energy (“NAE”) are not the same company as Nicor Gas Company, and the Illinois Commerce Commission (“ICC”) does not regulate NiSol’s prices or NAE’s prices. You do not have to buy products or services from NiSol or NAE in order to receive the same quality of service from the gas utility. Nicor Gas does not set the price you pay for such service nor does the ICC regulate the prices offered by NiSol or NAE.
- What is the difference between a referral code and a promotion code?
A referral code earns the referrer a Visa Reward Card for referring a friend, while the promotion code earns the referred friend another promotional benefit for enrolling with Nicor Solutions or Nicor Advanced Energy.
- What is the relationship between Nicor Solutions and Nicor Advanced Energy?
Nicor Solutions and Nicor Advanced Energy are sister companies owned by the same parent company. Nicor Solutions helps residential and small business customers in the Nicor Gas service area budget their energy costs. Nicor Advanced Energy offers innovative energy plans designed to give residential and small business customers choices, and has been approved by the Illinois Commerce Commission to supply gas to customers in the Nicor Gas, Peoples Gas, and North Shore Gas service areas.
- Why would I see "#ad" in Refer-a-Friend Twitter posts, Facebook posts, and emails?
The shorthand “#ad” is a hashtag used to signal that the message is a promotional advertisement. Our Refer-a-Friend program gives referrers a financial incentive to share information about the program with their friends. The more friends who enroll and satisfy the program terms and conditions, the more Visa Reward Cards they’ll earn (up to $500 per person, per calendar year). The referrer could also be an employee of Nicor Solutions or an employee of an affiliate of Nicor Solutions.